Saturday, December 27, 2014

A40-4599, The 1940's One-Yard Apron, my new kitchen love!

A little show-and-tell here as I wrapped up my apron in time for Holiday cooking. This apron was originally from a mail-order pattern and is cut from one yard of 44"/45" fabric, meaning the fabric lay on the bias across the apron (and that any fabric print you are using, will appear upside-down at the top back of the apron). For it, I chose a quilting print of vintage kitchen items and vignettes. The edges of the apron are all bound with contrasting bias fold tape. I only placed one pocket matching it upon the print (at lower left on apron, with top edge bound in red). I used vintage black plastic buttons, but I placed them using cream thread to maintain the overall graphic quality of the apron.



No comments: